Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks

Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks
Jelly Roll Quilt

Saturday, June 20, 2009

East TN Quilt Shop Hop

Click on the above title for a list of the shops.

I drove from Atlanta, GA to Kingsport, TN yesterday. I am staying with my mother, but all my family and my husband's family live here in TN. My sister and I are going to the TN Quilt Shop Hop after she gets back from a motorcycle ride to VA. I stopped at Lavender Lime Quilting in Chattanooga on my way here. I bought a fabulous kit called Fabergé Quilt.

It was sooo hot whenever I stopped, that I thought that I'd melt! I was talking to my daughter last night. When I told her that it was even hot in TN, she said that I didn't know what "Hot" is. She has been working outside overseeing the building of army barracks in Fort Benning, GA. She said that it was 102 deg. with a heat index of 115! She has to work in long pants with boots and a hard hat! Of course, she has a shirt on, too.

Yesterday, my daughter and husband were traveling, too. My husband was coming back to Atlanta from a conference in Ponte Vedra, FL. My daughter was traveling from Columbus, GA to Atlanta. All of us had a safe trip! Thank God!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Enjoy visiting your family especially your Mom! The shop hop sounds like fun!!! It's still hot here in Atlanta. Stay cool.