Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks

Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks
Jelly Roll Quilt

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

My daughter was able to be with her Daddy today. I think she is a daddy's girl, anyway. They cooked out on the grill. I talked on the phone to my husband tonight. He said that he has a restful afternoon. He also told me that our daughter had made the trip back to Columbus safely. It's always good to know that those traveling have a safe trip.

I am with my mother in TN while my sister and her husband go on a motorcycle trip. Mom has had several health problems lately. I got up and made apple cinnamon muffins this morning. Shhh! Don't tell my husband. My mother said, "You can cook!" I told her that it isn't that I can't cook. It's just that I choose NOT to cook. I'd rather be quilting. I think that I officially stopped cooking when I learned to quilt.

My sister has been checking in with me every day. She said that there were lots of artsy, crafty shops, and a quilt shop where they are staying. They had to do a fun game where they went to the different shops and got a stamp on a card at each shop. They have lots of different activities on these motorcycle trips. Usually the men go on a longer harder motorcycle ride, and the women go on a short easy ride. The women take time to shop, go to a spa, and other fun stuff.

I'm going to visit some of the East TN shops in Jonesboro and Johnson City tomorrow. When my sister returns from her motorcycle trip, the two of us are going by car to the other quilt shops in the East TN Shop Hop.

I guess I'd better go take my shower and go to bed, so that I'll feel like getting out bright and early tomorrow. A home health care person is supposed to come give mother a bath tomorrow morning at 10:30, so I hope I can leave before she gets here.

No comments: