Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks

Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks
Jelly Roll Quilt

Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope that each of you is doing well and that you have had a good year.

My husband, daughter, and I traveled by car to Disney World in Oct. This was my birthday, Christmas, and retirement gift, from my daughter. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Whenever we came back to our room, we were eager to see what wildlife was just outside our balcony! We were able to get the Disney Dining plan free, so we tried some unusual expensive dining experiences that we normally wouldn’t have. We went to the “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” one night and met my daughter's friend and her daughter there. We had a blast!

My daughter is still working as Contractor Quality Control Manager for Whiting-Turner Contracting Company. She is currently working on a project building army barracks at Ft. Benning, GA. She is living in an apt. in Columbus, GA during the week and driving back to her condo in Sandy Springs, GA for the weekends. Her company pays for her apt. in Columbus and her travel expenses back and forth.

My son is working as Instructional Technologist at Southern Polytechnic State Univ. He manages their web site, sets up online computer classes, is over others who set up smart classrooms and do other computer related jobs. He is now living in a house that he bought several years ago.

I retired from Gwinnett Co. Schools in May. I stayed in Kingsport, TN from June 19 through Nov. 20 as primary caregiver for my mom. (Mom had many caregivers that were soooo good to her! She is really blessed to have so many friends and relatives that took care of her!) I did take a couple of breaks for doctor visits and for the Disney trip. I had a couple of fainting spells that were probably due to medications, but all that is straightened out now. My mom is now living in an assisted living home.

My husband is still working in sales at the same place, new name, Vanguard Truck Center of Atlanta. He also traveled to Kingsport this summer almost every weekend.

Best Wishes to all of you!

No comments: