Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks

Moose on the Porch Quilt Blocks
Jelly Roll Quilt

Saturday, November 29, 2008

My daughter and I enjoyed shopping yesterday. No, we didn't get up in the middle of the night to be at the stores that had the 4 a.m. early bird specials. We did make it to JoAnn's before 12 p.m. to take advantage of their 20% off offer on top of their other specials.

I have been on the South Beach diet. I've lost 38 lbs. since the end of June. I have gone down 2 sizes! No wonder my pants were so baggy. I bought a couple of pairs of new pants that fit! My daughter found a pair of pants and sweater that I bought for her for Christmas. We really enjoyed the day! I'm thankful for the time that we spend together.

I'm also thankful that we didn't have any mishaps while on the road. It started raining before we left the mall for home. A car that was from Ohio stopped dead in front of us. My daughter's car slid sideways as she put on the breaks, but she stopped before hitting it, and the car behind us was able to stop, too.

Today has been a lazy day at home. My husband watched Georga Tech beat UGA! Yeah! Our daughter went to GT. I watched parts of the game, but not all of it. It was a good day for updating my quilting book list and my quilting magazine list. I have to keep track of what I have or I buy the same ones again! Have any of you done that?

I hope that each of you have a good day every day!

No comments: